Using the below checklist, we will perform an audit of your GA4 configuration to ensure that it is properly set up and optimised. We will go step-by-step through the list making sure we cover all settings and configurations and make adjustments where necessary.
Get a better understanding of your GA4 configuration and ensure accurate data tracking and reporting.
Instructions & Resource
- Make a copy of the provided Google Sheet checklist.
- Open the Google Sheet and navigate to the "Google Tag Settings" section.
- Review each item in the checklist and verify if it is correctly configured in your GA4 setup.
- For each item, mark "Yes" if it is properly configured and "No" if it needs adjustment.
- If any items need adjustment, follow the instructions provided in the checklist to make the necessary changes.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for each section in the checklist, including "Property Settings," "Property Access Management Settings," "Data Streams Settings," "Custom Events Settings," "Data Collection & Retention Settings," "Events Settings," "Custom Definitions," "Attribution Settings," "Product Links," "eCommerce Tracking," "Additional Settings," and "Reporting."
- Take note of any action items or areas that require further attention.
- Once you have reviewed all the sections, review your findings and determine the priority of any necessary adjustments or fixes.
- Document your findings, including the checklist items that need adjustment and the corresponding actions to be taken.
- Optionally, share your findings and action plan with relevant team members or stakeholders for further collaboration.
- Follow up on the necessary adjustments and track the progress of implementing the recommended changes.
Note: Remember to refer to the provided instructions and guidance in the checklist to ensure accurate configuration and proper utilization of GA4 features.
By completing this exercise, you will have a comprehensive overview of your GA4 configuration and an action plan to optimize and improve it for accurate data tracking and reporting.